Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Unfortunate Update

Looks like I kind of jumped the gun with the whole Tröegs Triple Mango IPA news. Most of what I posted was true but I was blinded by excitement as it appears it may not be a regular or seasonal offering, just a second run of the fantastic brew. The verbiage was slightly ambiguous, but after reading it again it sounds like it will just be making a second appearance as a Scratch Series release. Hopefully it's at least a much bigger batch and I can grab a case or two of it.

On a more positive note, Tröegs is bringing back one of their most coveted beer series, Splinter. The Splinter Series is a top secret barrel aging program that has yielded some of the most sought after beers on the market. Splinter Gold, a Belgian tripel aged in white wine barrels with brettanomyces, undergoes a two year aging process to change this from a tripel to an American wild ale. Having never had any of the Splinter Series beers, I am anxiously awaiting Splinter Gold's release which should be sometime in the next few months. I'll post all the details here as soon as I learn them.

Drink On,

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment